Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Moment That Made Me Embarrased


I went to travel to the eastern U.S. with my friends on last vacation. We started trip in Charleston. Our tension was so high while we were coming back to the hotel, so our driving speed was too high. Because I concentrated on exciting music and talking with friends, I overtook a police car. I was caught by the police officer. My English was not enough to response the police’s question. He overlooked me because of my poor English. I had never thought that my poor English is useful. Second event happened in Key West. While we were going to Key West, our car was shaking. I thought that the shaking was caused by the road condition, and I could hear a sound of motorcycle’s engine. However, I could see a broken rubber piece, so I realized that the shaking was caused by our car. Our car tire was punctured, so we stopped our car at a shoulder, however, anyone of us had not fixed the tire. Thanks to a kind police officer, we could replace the old tire with new one. When we came back to Georgia, we rent another car at an airport. Suddenly, a police car followed our car during driving. I was confused, and the police car was following with no headlight. Suddenly, the police car turned on the headlight and siren, so I stopped the car with confused feeling. Of course, my poor English was a problem for communicating between me and the police. He made me get off my car because of our miscommunication. After that, I could realize why the police called me. The back light did not work. My car had functions which have separated turning on headlight and back light. Fortunately, the police overlooked me because of my English skill. After this travel, I have decided that I have to study English myself.

No comments: